What Carryduff Presbyterian Church believes the Bible to teach is fully stated in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the larger and shorter Catechisms. The following is an overview of some main points included in these standards.
- The Bible is the sole source of our beliefs and a standard for the way we should live.
- There is one eternal God who reveals Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit and who is perfect in every aspect of His character.
- Since Adam’s fall into sin, when tempted by Satan, we have inherited a sinful nature, and are already condemned by God.
- The Father’s love for us sent Jesus into the world to die for us.
- Jesus was raised from the dead, demonstrating that He is the Son of God.
- Those who believe Christ’s blood was shed for them, and in repentance accept God’s free gift of salvation by faith alone, are given new life by the Holy Spirit who helps them live to please God.
- When Jesus Christ returns, everyone will be judged by God, believers entering everlasting fellowship with Him in heaven and unbelievers being separated from Him to suffer everlasting punishment in hell.