This Sunday’s (5th) Details:
10.30am Sunday School & Teen Talk
11.30am Morning Worship – Rev. A. S. Smyth
We will meet in our Meeting House at 11.30am this Sunday morning.
- For those of you who will join us virtually, please keep an eye on our YouTube channel. The recording will be uploaded when the in-person service completes ~1pm.
6.00pm Prayer Meeting
6.30pm Evening Service – Rev. S. Woodburn
- Tuesday, 7th December – GB. Tinies/Explorers 6.30-7.30pm. Juniors 7.00-8.00pm. Seniors/Brigaders 7.45-8.45pm.
- Wednesday, 8th December @7.25pm – Prayer Meeting in Church Building.
- Wednesday, 8th December @8.00pm – Midweek Bible Study
- Thursday, 9th December @10.30am – Connect.
- Thursday, 9th December – BB. Anchors 6.30-7.15pm. Juniors 7.30-8.15pm. Company 8.30-9.30pm.
- Saturday, 11th December – 4.00 – 5.30pm Children’s Christmas Party – for children belonging to our congregation who attend or who could attend the Creche, Children’s Church or Sunday school (Primary school age). A special visitor will be in attendance.
Next Sunday (12th):
- Sunday School and Teentalk @10.30am
- Morning Worship @11.30am
- Evening Service @6.30pm
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. “ – Colossians 4v2.
- Praise God, the King of kings and the Lord of lords, knowing that He is in control and that nothing can separate us from His love. Thank God for His countless blessings.
- As advent proceeds, pray that God will help us to reflect deeply on why Jesus came to live on earth. Pray that we will have opportunities to tell others that we will take these opportunities.
- Pray for those in our church family with restricted mobilities, those who are housebound and those in care homes – that they would know God’s presence and not feel lonely. Pray that we would keep in touch to show that we care.
- Pray for those in our church family who have recently been bereaved, those who are ill, and those experiencing problems of whatever kind. Pray that God will comfort them and give them His peace.
- Continue to lift up the Covid pandemic situation. Pray that the public will behave responsibly regarding mask wearing, social distancing and vaccine uptake so that infection levels and hospitalisations will decrease.
- Pray for those facing starvation in countries across the world including Yemen and Afghanistan. Pray that world leaders will work together to find solutions, and pray for the work of International Aid agencies in bringing relief.
- Pray for those known to us in the mission work. Pray that they will be safe and encouraged. Pray that the gospel message will continue to spread and that God will use it to bring more to Himself and glorify His name.
- PARENTS AND TODDLERS UPDATE: While we do have some volunteers for P&T leadership – unfortunately, we still do not have enough. If you can help, please speak to Lesley Smyth (02890812232). As per previous announcements, Parents and Toddlers has been operating in our Church Halls for the past 42 years. This is a valuable outreach in to our community and it would be very sad to see the organisation unable to continue because of lack of helpers. Please pray that more help will be forthcoming and, if you are available to assist, please do speak to Lesley.
- FAREWELL GIFT FOR CEDRIC: As some of you know, Mr. Cedric Adams recently retired from his post as Church Caretaker. We thank him very much for all his work over the past years. The Congregational Committee has decided that an opportunity should be given to members of the Congregation to contribute towards a farewell gift for Cedric. If you wish to contribute, please put your contribution in an envelope marked “For Cedric” or “For Caretaker” and place it in the offering plate as you come into or leave the service.